Oprah has endorsed the amazing Amazon Kindle, so a rise in Kindle sales is expected. Experienced users can offer a wealth of hints for those lucky new users.
Kindle Keyboard Shortcuts
Once a user becomes familiar with the small keys on the Kindle, using keyboard shortcuts is second nature. This list is something new Kindlers will want to memorize.
- Alt+T shows the time.
- Alt+SHIFT+R reboots the Kindle.
- Alt+P plays mp3 files saved to an SD card.
- Alt+F skips to the next mp3 song.
- Alt+SHIFT+0 (zero) makes a screenshot into a background.
Shortcuts While Reading
- Alt+B bookmarks the current page.
- Alt+SHIFT+G makes a jpeg screenshot of the current screen.
- Alt+Next Page jumps to the next section of the book (usually about 5%).
- Alt +Previous Page jumps back to the previous section of the book (usually about 5%).
Shortcuts While Using the Internet
- Alt+1 shows the current location (through Google maps)
- Alt+2 finds available gas stations (through Google maps)
- Alt-3 finds available restaurants (through Google maps)
Shortcuts for the Kindle Search Key
The search key is a handy way to find a word in any of the books stored on the kindle. It is also an easy way to access information on certain websites, provided the Kindle is connected to the internet.
Shortcuts While Typing Text
Getting used to typing on the Kindle takes a little bit of time. Manuevering the text can be challenging. Here are some hints:
- Alt+Backspace will clear everything.
- Alt+H will move the cursor to the right.
- Alt+J will move the cursor to the left.
Beyond the shortcuts, the Kindle has other features that become easier as a person uses the kindle more often.
Post a Comment